Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fun Counts!

Honey, I Rearranged the Collection ... (Allen Ruppersberg, 2001)

Honey, I Rearranged the Collection Using Only Artists with Three Letters in Their Last Name

Honey, I Rearranged the Collection Because I think it's Fun. Remember the Fun Gallery in the East Village? Fun Counts!

Flickr

1. Honey, I Rearranged the Collection with Artists Who Knew Each Other, but Were Different Ages; Artists Who Knew Each Other but Worked Differently; and Artists who Were Influenced by Artists Who Were Soon Forgotten
2. Honey, I Rearranged the Collection Using Only Artists with Three Letters in Their Last Name
3. Honey, I Rearranged the Collection Because I Think it's Fun. Remember the Fun Gallery in the East Village? Fun Counts!


Just returned to Stockholm from my whirlwind experience of Berlin through the eyes of a local (more on that later). Somewhere between eating Germany's finest Doner kebab and dancing to indeterminable techno I managed to squeeze in the MoMA contemporary drawings exhibit currently on at Berliner Festspiele. One series that caught my eye was that of American conceptual artist Allen Ruppersberg. I always find it refreshing to see cheeky humour injected into an art world generally full of pompous characters and somber subject matter.

Note: Pardon the poor quality photos, the menacing looking German museum security would fire intimidating stares if I so much as reached for my Canon digital SLR. Hey Canon, can I have my money now?

No comments:

Post a Comment